A Calico Rock man facing federal and state drug charges appears ready to plead guilty in a significant methamphetamine trafficking case. Authorities say Cameron Baker Jr., who is in his early 20s, has reached an agreement with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, according to court filings. Although a date for Baker’s plea has not yet been scheduled, his attorney has withdrawn a previously planned motion to suppress evidence, citing the plea deal.
Baker’s alleged co-defendants include 35-year-old Wesley Bray, his wife Hannah Bray, 24, also known as Hannah Smolek, 21-year-old Kadence Martin, and 20-year-old Carson Grass. All face a range of charges stemming from their involvement in what investigators describe as a large-scale drug operation.
The investigation began on October 29 of last year when Baxter County deputies responded to a domestic disturbance involving a firearm at a residence along U.S. Highway 62 East. The home, leased by Baker, was reportedly occupied by Wesley and Hannah Bray. Deputies said they observed suspected methamphetamine during their response, which prompted a search warrant. Approximately 11 pounds of methamphetamine were later discovered in a vehicle on the property. Hannah Bray told investigators the drugs and vehicle—a 2018 Dodge Challenger—belonged to Baker and were part of a 15-pound methamphetamine shipment.
Baker is also linked to drugs and weapons found in an apartment belonging to Kadence Martin, identified in court records as his girlfriend. When authorities searched Martin's apartment, where Baker was staying, they discovered a safe containing 1.5 pounds of suspected cocaine, $11,600 in cash, and two firearms. Both Baker and Martin face charges in Baxter County for trafficking, simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, and endangering the welfare of a minor.
Meanwhile, Baker's state charges also include being a felon in possession of a firearm and additional counts of drug trafficking. Arkansas law defines trafficking as a Class Y felony, the most serious criminal classification short of the death penalty, carrying a sentence of up to life in prison.
The Bray couple, along with Grass, also face both state and federal charges related to the drug operation. Bray has been assigned new legal representation in his federal case, while his wife awaits a trial date. Grass, whose 2016 Ford Fusion was parked at the U.S. Highway 62 East residence, is free on bond and awaiting trial in both state and federal court.
Martin has also sought new legal counsel in her federal case, citing disagreements with her previous attorney. Despite the pending charges, she remains free on bond with her next hearing in state court scheduled for November 9. Grass is slated to appear in state court for a pretrial hearing on October 12, with a jury trial set for October 19.
Further developments in the cases of Baker, his co-defendants, and the disposition of the federal plea agreement are expected in the coming weeks.
