A Jonesboro woman was arrested after authorities said she threatened her boyfriend with a box cutter during an argument.

Linda S. Clark, 43, is facing a charge of aggravated assault on a family or household member, a Class D felony, following an incident on Saturday, August 13. Clark has been released on a $5,000 cash or surety bond, according to court records.

Police were called to a home on Mabrey Lane after the incident. According to an affidavit, the victim told officers that he and Clark had argued earlier that day over content on his phone that upset her. Detective Calvin Newman of the Jonesboro Police Department stated in the affidavit that during the argument, Clark allegedly pulled out a folding box cutter with a blue handle and held it to the man’s neck.

The victim reported that Clark threatened him, saying she would "cut him and kill him." Police said he was able to get away and call for help.

Craighead County District Court Judge Tommy Fowler has issued a no-contact order against Clark and set her next court appearance for September 30 in circuit court.

If convicted, aggravated assault on a family or household member under Arkansas law carries a penalty of up to six years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.