JONESBORO – A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to three years of probation after admitting to breaking into a woman’s home and violating a court-issued no-contact order.

Nathan Bradley Beshears pleaded guilty to one count of residential burglary in Craighead County Circuit Court. He was sentenced to 36 months of probation and an additional 12 months of suspended imposition of sentence for violating the no-contact order. A charge of first-degree criminal mischief in the case was dismissed, according to court records.

Police were called to a residence on South Main Street on April 23 after a reported burglary. The woman told police that Beshears, whom she had been dating for several months, messaged her while she was at work. According to the affidavit, his text stated that he had kicked her door open and told her to "play with somebody else."

When she returned home, she found the door broken and Beshears inside the house. As she attempted to call 911, she alleged that Beshears forcibly grabbed her and took her phone, preventing her from calling for help until he left the residence.

Detective Calvin Newman, who investigated the incident, discovered that a no-contact order had been issued in February prohibiting Beshears from contacting the woman. The order stemmed from a prior domestic incident.

A bench warrant was issued for Beshears' arrest on April 24, and he was later taken into custody and held at the Craighead County Detention Center. The following Monday, District Court Judge Tommy Fowler found probable cause to proceed with charges and scheduled Beshears’ circuit court appearance for June 26.

The plea agreement concluded Friday, resulting in probation and the suspended sentence.

This case highlights ongoing concerns about domestic violence and court protections in Arkansas. Violating a no-contact order can carry significant penalties, depending on the circumstances of the incident.